What is Levels Training?
Liberty Hill Pet Resort is offering the most flexible group training classes available known as "Levels Training". Levels obedience training is a group program offering unlimited training session during the period you are enrolled. The beauty of this program is that you can move the program at your own speed. If the concepts in Level 1 are easy for your dog, you may only spend a couple of weeks in this level before moving on to Level 2. On the other hand, if your dog is having trouble with some of the concepts, you can stay in Level 1 until your dog is ready to move on. With a levels membership, you can come to our drop-in classes as often as you like for as long as you'd like. Get as much or as little training as you want or need based on your own expectations for your dog. You can also go to classes under the level you are currently in. Some students might come as often as three times a week! Move through all four levels or choose to stay at a lower level. The choice is yours!
We will be offering all the levels on Saturdays and then each level will be offered once in the evening during the week.
• LEVEL 1: STARTING OUT. Level 1 will introduce the basic commands sit, down, stationary attention, and the name game. We'll also work on problem behaviors such as jumping, play-biting and house training. All dogs (even those with prior training) start in level 1.
Requirements to move to Level 2: Dog can sit and down on command. Lures and hand signals are allowed. Dog will respond readily to his name with mild distractions.
• LEVEL 2: MANNERS TRAINING. We'll work on walking politely on a loose leash without pulling, paying attention to the owner while walking and ignoring other dogs. We'll also begin working on come and stay. Level 2 includes problem-solving information for behaviors such as barking, digging, chewing, etc.
Requirements to move to Level 3: Dog can walk nicely around the training area with attention on owner (and no pulling) with other dogs 4-5 feet away. Dog will come when called on leash with mild distractions. Dog will sit and down with just a verbal command.
• LEVEL 3: ADDING DISTRACTIONS. We'll work on a long-distance come command, stay with distractions, loose-leash walking past
distractions, and distance commands.
Requirements to move to Level 4: Dog will stay for 30 seconds with mild distractions and owner standing on the leash. Dog will heel past other dogs with leash over owner's shoulder. Dog will come from 20 feet away with moderate distractions.
• LEVEL 4: ADVANCED TRAINING. We'll work on polishing the come command and teaching an emergency come, strengthen the stay command by teaching the dog to stay for longer periods of time at a greater distance from the owner, work on turns and automatic sit in heeling.
Level 4 goals: Dog can heel off-leash past other dogs and distractions. Dog will stay 10 feet away from owner for 3 minutes with distractions. Dog will come off leash past distractions from 30 feet away. Dog is able to pass the Canine Good Citizen test.
• 6 months unlimited training in Levels Obedience Classes for one dog.
• 20% discount on specialty classes during your membership period.
• 10% discount on private lessons during your membership period.
• Price for the 6 month package is $450.00
• With regular attendance in class and practice at home, most owners can expect their dogs to be working well in level 3, and many dogs will be able to make it into level 4.
• 4 months unlimited training in Levels Obedience Classes for one dog.
• Price for the 4 month package is $325.00
• With regular attendance in class and practice at home, most owners can expect their dogs to move to level 3 and possibly level 4 in some cases.
• 2-months unlimited training in Levels Obedience Classes one dog.
• Price for the 2 month package is $250.00
• With regular attendance in class and some practice at home, owners can expect their dogs to move to level 2 and possibly level 3.